OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Step One cares for the environment. All our production processes are designed to minimise our impact on the environment whilst delivering to you super soft and comfortable Underwear made from Viscose from Bamboo. That’s why we are 100% transparent with our process and where our materials (such as our Bamboo) are sourced. We aim to have the smallest possible footprint on our environment and have a positive impact on the workers throughout our whole manufacturing process.
Please feel free to reach out if you want to learn more about our company, our underwear, processes, facilities or ethos.
100% ORGANICALLY GROWN & CERTIFIED BAMBOO VISCOSE
- All Step One underwear uses Tanboocel branded Bamboo, which is organically grown in China without the use of any pesticides and is certified.
- The production of Step One Bamboo does not contribute to natural habitat loss or destruction.
- Biological mould is added to the wastewater treatment process, and the treated water can be directly used for agricultural irrigation.
- Most importantly, the Step One process does NOT use carbon disulfide in the extraction process. The alkali used for processing Bamboo chips is recycled.
- Once the yarn has been extracted, we then spin the Bamboo Viscose yarn onto spindles, which are then sent to our Ethically Accredited Factories for manufacturing.
WHY WE CHOOSE BAMBOO FOR OUR UNDERWEAR
- Bamboo grows faster and uses less water than cotton, making it a more sustainable option for the production of our underwear.
- Viscose made from Bamboo is significantly softer and has smoother yarns than cotton, making your underwear much more comfortable.
- Viscose made from Bamboo wicks away sweat, helping you stay cool downstairs.